Celebrate Giving Tuesday (November 30, 2021) by donating to your favorite charity and then booking a tattoo appointment at Wolf and Shadow Tattoo Collective [fka Diego Tattoo Gallery]! Cari Coleman (@carebeartattoos) is offering a sweet deal to encourage participation in this unofficial Holiday of donating and supporting important causes.
Donate and get money off your next tattoo!
If you show proof of donation to a charity of your choice on or before Giving Tuesday, Cari will take 50% of the amount donated off of your next tattoo, a maximum of $50 off. The appointment can be for any date, but the proof of donation must be on or before November 30, 2021. Any charitable organization that you care about qualifies for this Giving Tuesday tattoo deal.
For example, if you donate $50 to Mama’s Kitchen and show proof to Cari, you will receive $25 off your tattoo even if it’s booked for December or January. If you want to be a Giving Tuesday superstar and donate $300 with proof of donation, Cari will knock $50 off the tattoo.
Supporting Diego Tattoo Gallery
Diego Tattoo Gallery is a woman-owned small business with a crew of diversely talented artists. Our shop is a hub for our community and we work hard to make it an inclusive welcoming space. You can feel good about supporting our small businesses this year and hope this Giving Tuesday deal is an added incentive to set some cash aside for people and organizations making a change in our community.
What is Giving Tuesday?
Giving Tuesday started in 2012 and is always held the week after Black Friday. That way when you’re about to fight someone for a flat-screen TV at the department store at 5 am on Black Friday, you might instead take a nice deep breath, put your wallet away, and save that money for a charity you care about.
Organizations big and small participate in Giving Tuesday. At its core, it is a day to reflect on our passions and put funding towards those in need.
Consider a local charity or mutual aid fund!
If you’re not sure where to donate this year, here are a few suggestions. Clicking on the name of the organization will take you directly to the donation page. Please remember to screenshot or print the confirmation for your Giving Tuesday Tattoo Deal from Cari if you’re interested in getting some charitable ink!
- The San Diego LBGT Center: The Center provides a safer space for LGBTQ+ community members and is gathering donations for their COVID emergency services. At this time, The Center is providing mental health services, HIV testing, food resources, and housing resources to those in need.
- Father Joe’s Villages: Father Joe’s Villages provides dignity services, food, clothing, shelter, housing opportunities, substance use treatment, and mental health support to people who are experiencing houselessness in San Diego. Your donation could help a family get a hot meal or connect to a housing program.
- March for Black Womxn San Diego Mutual Aid Fund: This organization holds marches and demonstrations with specific demands to support the safety and well-being of Black Womxn in San Diego. This mutual aid fund was created to support Black Womxn in crisis and is given directly to those in need.
- Breakfast Block SD: This is another mutual aid-based organization that gives directly to communities in need. Breakfast Block SD provides shelter items, clothing, food, and financial support to people who are unhoused in San Diego.
- Noah Homes: Noah Homes is a residential care center for people with developmental disabilities. They are located in the east county area of San Diego and are focused on compassionate person-centered care.
There are tons of wonderful organizations that are making changes in San Diego and beyond. We hope you find one that you love, donate, then book an appointment with us for a new tattoo!
If you have any questions about this Giving Tuesday Tattoo Deal or want to chat about your tattoo or tooth gem dreams, contact us!